Friday, March 22, 2013

End of the Week Roundup

This week wasn't great--I was sick for most of it--but nevertheless I'm still grateful for it! Here's the roundup for this week:

1. Finally starting this blog. I've been wanting to do it for a while, I have a lot of ideas....we'll see how it turns out. I still have some cleaning up to do and some tweaking, right now its rough around the edges, but I have some grand plans for this.

2. Meet "Nurse" Squishee:


I have two cats, trust me you'll hear a TON about these two, they are amazing!

Anyway, Squish is more my husband's cat, in the sense that he prefers to lay with him and just put up with me. Buuuuut, when I'm sick he goes into "nurse" mode and stays with me all day. Its such a great feeling having something care so much and stay by my side all day: where I goes he goes; when I sit, curled up under covers he finds a nook on my lap and curls up with me.

My favorite moment? I had a terrible migraine and tried to sleep but kept waking up, every time I woke up he would purr and lull me back to sleep. You see his purrs are less vocal and more physical, you can't hear him purr but you can feel him purr.

Nibbler is my other cat, "my" cat. Like I said, you'll hear a ton about these guys in the future, so I'll stop for now.

3. My nephews. I don't have any kids yet so I get to dote on my nephews. Sadly, they live a few hours away from me so I don't get to see them as often as I'd like. This past weekend they stayed at my mother in law's house so we stopped up to visit. I was starting to feel the effects of the sinus cold that kicked my butt this week and was in a pretty bad mood....until I walked through the door to two smiling faces. Kids have this uncanny ability to turn any situation around, I left in such high spirits.

We hung out, played with whoopee cushions (farts are, apparently, funny at any age), and then played "dog pile". This is where they all just jump on one person. I was just standing to the side taking pictures and watching from the sidelines when Jacob, the almost three year old, ran over to me and proceeded to "dog pile" me, as evidenced by the below photo. It felt nice being included, it means that he likes me, which I'm over the moon about, because Aunt or not, he doesn't have to....


4. This moment. I'm not going to go into more detail, it was my first post, this is my second...no need to bore you again. Let's just say it was a much needed break from the world.

5. Lastly, this fortune cookie fortune (that's a bit repetitive, sorry):
Enough said.

Have a great week!