Monday, January 5, 2015

Cooking Challenge

I hate new years resolutions. I never make them because I know I'll break them.I have decided, however, to challenge myself this year on one thing. I have this habit where I collect recipes, whether its on pinterest or magazines, and then hang on to them doing nothing with them. 



This year I've decided that at least once a month I'm going to try to cook something new from the arsenal of recipes I've collected. Ones I like I'll jot down in my recipe journal, others I'll toss or unpin. I'll also share with you the good, the bad, and the ugly. 

I haven't really ever had a massive cooking disaster on my hands. I think that is in part to the fact that I tend to avoid complicated recipes. There are a few things I know I'm terrible at, working with dough being one of those things, but I can't keep avoiding them and then pinning/saving recipes that use them. 

It is my hope that this year with this cooking challenge, I'll finally step out of my comfort zone a little and create new things, or at least I'll have a few good stories to share. 

Have you created any challenges or resolutions for yourself this year?