Friday, May 10, 2013

End of the Week Roundup

This week was the first full week without any classes. Needless to say, what I thought would be a nice relaxing week turned into being busy. Oh well! No rest for the wicked right?

1. I am in the process of "rebranding", changing around my blog name and layout. You'll be seeing the change soon, and I'll give you a heads up closer to the time. I emailed Lauren at Lauren Elizabeth because she just recently rebranded from her old site "From My Grey Desk" to the new one and asked her for some pointers on changing everything around properly. From past experiences emailing fellow bloggers (they aren't always helpful or kind and it always felt a bit like they viewed me as the competition) I assumed I'd get some quick blurb, if anything, in a few days about where to go. Instead I got an extremely informative and helpful response from her in a few hours. She was sweet and kind and everything I had ever imagined or hoped she would be. Her sister is Kate from The Small Things Blog, (aka the Pinterest hair girl) who I happen to follow religiously and both girls are pretty popular and I'm sure very busy. The fact that Lauren not only responded to me quickly but also was helpful and supportive meant so much to me. She completely made my weekend.

2. Dave and I happened to be driving home from work from the same area at the same time on Monday night (he is a carpenter so he works all over the place), he called me on the way home and asked me out to the movies and so ensued an impromptu date night. I love date nights that are on the fly. We saw Iron Man 3 (a must see!) and then went out for some frozen yogurt (I'm not newly obsessed or anything). It was so nice to have a surprise break and just relax, moments like these don't occur very often so when they do, I cherish them.


3. Both of the summer classes I signed up for were cancelled due to lack of enrollment. At first, I was panicking because I was relying on these two classes to graduate at the end of this year, but I'm working on finding the silver lining. I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do about a certain English course I need to take, however the second class just needed to be an elective and I think I'm going to use it to take three one-credit courses that interest me: photo shop, stress reduction (ha!), and anatomy of a criminal trial. In fact, I'm pretty excited now about the prospect of taking these classes, but we shall see what the future holds. 
4. Thursday night Dave surprised me with a book as a early mother's day present, unfortunately for Dave, I already had the book he bought me, much to his chagrin. Either way, the fact that he went out of his way and bought me a book is pretty awesome. I'm lucky to have someone that not only allows me to fill a room full of books, but encourages it. 
5.  And lastly proof that my cats will lay wherever and however as long as you rub their stomachs....


Yes, Nibbler is being held up only by Dave, if he were to let go Nibs would fall and this is how Nibbler positioned himself.

That's it for this week. Have a happy mother's day!