Monday, May 27, 2013

Pretty in Pink

First things first! Happy Memorial Day!

I normally don't dress up for work, pretty much roll out of bed, do as little as possible to look presentable and then head out the door. Why? Because I'd rather spend the extra 30 minutes in bed than getting dressed up. I know, it's a terrible habit that I need to break but from what I understand when I have kids I won't get any sleep anyway, so why not get all the sleep I can get now? The day that I wore this outfit was one of those rare instances that I wanted to dress up and look snazzy. It probably had a lot to do with the fact that I just got my hair done and my hairdresser taught me a new way to style my hair that I wanted to try out. 


I don't wear skirts very often. In my opinion, there is just something awkward about wearing them. I can't explain why but I'm never really comfortable in a skirt. This particular skirt pictured is the exception to the rule. It's just the right length and its very comfortable, not too tight, not too loose. I love the color too!


I love that it has pockets. There really is nothing bad I can say about it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who was in the market for a one, plus it has a bunch of different colors! I found the skirt because Kate at The Small Things Blog recommended it here, and if she hadn't suggested the gorgeous pink I would have never chose that color. I'm really glad, it just adds a pop of brightness to the day.

Plus, if you get it today, its 50% off! Can't beat that!

Cardigan: old
Shirt: old (similar)
Heels: Forever 21 (no longer available in coral)