Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Liebster Award!

Source
I was nominated for the second award for my blog, the Liebster Award, by the awesome Sherrie


First I’m supposed to list 11 facts about myself (when looking into this award, I found that the amount varied by post, so I'm listing 7. If you want to see another 7 more, you can check out my post here regarding the Shine On Award):
1. My two favorite books (outside Harry Potter) are A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore and The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers. You want a good replacement for Harry Potter? Check out Walter Moers....amazing.
2. If given the choice, I would happily eat mashed potatoes (no chunks or skins please!) with chicken gravy at every meal. 
3. My very first job was working at my family's gas station. I worked the cash register, handled the full serve customers (where they get you to pump their gas for them), and a ton more. I loved that job, and I would still happily work there to this day if the place was still open.
4. Regardless of the temperature of the room, I HAVE TO be under a blanket when I'm watching TV. Without it, I'll end up getting cold anyway, I guarantee it.
5. Most of my life I've wanted to be a teacher "when I grow up". There were a few times where I deterred from that dream, first when I wanted to be a journalist and then again when I wanted to be a SCUBA instructor in the islands. 
6. The best way for me to fall asleep at night is to have Family Guy or American Dad on. I love those shows and they're like my lullaby at night. Thank God for Adult Swim!
7. I dream of living in a home in the countryside where I'm surrounded by nothing but mountains and land. I imagine playing country songs like "Cowboy Take Me Away" as I walk around my bright, sunny, quiet, humble home. 
Source

Second I need to answer Sherrie’s questions:
1. What do you enjoy reading? A good, well written story. Any good well written stories. 
2. What is your favorite season? Fall and spring
3. Who is the person who makes you laugh? Many people make me laugh, but on a regular basis, it would have to be Dave.
4. Which do you prefer, mountains or ocean? Oooooh tough one, what oceans are we talking about here? Atlantic Ocean near the East Coast? Mountains all the way. Atlantic Ocean right off Turks and Caicos? Sorry mountains, I'm swimming with the fishies.
5. Do you have any pets? Do I even need to answer this one? 
6. What is your favorite meal of the day? Any meal that I can have mashed potatoes
7. Why do you blog? This cannot be answered in a single sentence. I blog to write, to expel my creativity, to connect with other like-minded people, to force myself to live a little, to experience something new.
8. What is your favorite color? Right now? Purple. Next month? Who knows.
9. Do you prefer coffee or tea? Tea all the way, every day. Unless it's with dessert like cake, then coffee with my creamer please!
10. What famous person, living or dead would you like to have lunch with? Anyone who will be okay with some mashed potatoes and chicken gravy.
11. What is your favorite blog? I can't pick just one favorite!! I'll give you the first two that came to mind, but if they're on my bloglovin' roll, they're my favorite. Anyway, it would be The Small Things Blog and The Life of Bon.
Third I have to nominate other bloggers who have less than 300 followers. Have fun and go explore their blogs! (Again, some of the rules say you need to nominate 11 and others as little as 5. But remember, this is a fun way to introduce new blogs, so do what you can!):
Thanks again Sherrie for the love!
Follow: BLOGLOVIN ::  FACEBOOK