Monday, December 2, 2013

Mineral Foundation

When I posted about my favorite makeup items, I had a few people ask me about mineral foundation. I'm going to throw this out there now, I am no makeup expert. Everything I know is through experience and asking others opinions. 

Without further ado, here is my review on different mineral foundations that I have personally tried:



Bare Minerals 

I wanted to love Bare Minerals, I really did. It did a great job covering up my blemishes and evening out my skin tone. The problem? It made me break out so bad. I know a ton of people who swear by Bare Minerals, so I would still recommend it but for me personally, my skin did not like it. 



Aveda Inner Light Mineral Foundation

I swore by this stuff for years. I still do love it, but the problem is that it doesn't have very good staying power. That, coupled with the fact that I have oily skin and my makeup fades because of that anyway, meant that by mid morning it didn't look like I had put anything on. Primers and using another mineral makeup on top of that (which is next on the list) did help a little but quite frankly, why should I buy two different foundations to do the job that one should do? Plus, this foundation seemed to empty out pretty quickly, like every other month I'd have to buy a new one. It was just getting too expensive for me. This foundation covered great, applied easily, and was good to my face. If it stayed on better, it would be my one and only. 



Pur Minerals Pressed Powder

I bought this stuff to go over top my Aveda foundation to try to help keep it on longer. I didn't like it on it's own, it didn't cover very well  and it took forever to build up enough coverage to get an even tone. However, when I put it on top of my Aveda powder, it did something magical. It gave me a nice glow, covered up any imperfections that the Aveda powder missed, and softened the size of my big ol pores. The only reason I don' use the combo anymore is because they're expensive on their own and then paired up together I was paying ridiculous amounts of money to do what one foundation could do on its own. 


Tarte Amazonian Clay 

My current go to foundation. The packaging helps prevent spillage and the netting in the base helps control how much goes on the brush so you aren't losing precious makeup. The foundation builds very easily so it covers nicely, and it does a great job of evening out my skin tone without washing me out, and my skin seems to like it, no random breakouts. 

What foundation do you like to use?


                                          Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest Image Map