Friday, July 5, 2013

End of the Week Roundup

Another Friday has come upon us! Linking up with Lauren!

1. Meet Herman. 
Herman is a wild rabbit who chills in my backyard. What makes him so special is that he isn't afraid of people. He won't let me get close enough to pet him or anything but he has no issues munching on some weeds next to me. I normally see him once a day, and he is so relaxed, you can't help but relax too. 

Why did I name him Herman? Why not? It's the first name that popped into my head, so it stuck. 

2. Friday night Dave and I had dinner with a couple that we recently met. After a good meal we sat around and chatted. And chatted. Then chatted some more. Suddenly we look up and its 3 am! Needless to say Dave and I were exhausted the next day, but it was such a great evening spent with two really fun people, I can't wait to do it again!

3. I saw this recipe while watching an episode of the Pioneer Woman and decided to try it out on Sunday morning. It was soooooo good. 



Added bonus? The feeling of accomplishment that I cooked something that looked and tasted good and got it right the first time. High five for not breaking the egg either!

4. I started following the Brimfield Police Department on Facebook after reading an article about them online. You can check out their page here. Chief Oliver is insightful, funny and his posts are always well thought out. He has a way of articulating himself that can really help round out a difficult debate amongst people. I highly recommend liking their Facebook page (like mine too, while you are at it, if you haven't already!)

5. Vacations are always bittersweet for me. I am always excited for the time spent with Dave, but I hate leaving my cats. Like, hate it so much you'll be talking me off the ledge for at least two days prior. Dave and I are currently on a mini vacation a few hours away from home. We left Wednesday afternoon and we'll be home this afternoon. It's only two days but on  Wednesday I was seriously sad to leave my babies behind. Although, I'm sure they are enjoying the mommy-free and kissy-free time they are currently having. 

I joke about being a crazy cat lady. I'm only half kidding when I say it. That's not to say I won't enjoy myself, because I do. I just miss my cuddlebugs while I'm gone. 

That's it for this week. Have a great weekend!