Friday, July 26, 2013

End of the Week Roundup

Hello again! Another Friday is upon us. Here is the roundup for the week:

1. My bestie Joe sent me this picture on Monday morning with the subject line "Blog Photo looked like someone famous" and it was a hilarious start to the week:




Ironically enough, when Dave took this picture originally he said "you look like Mona Lisa". I guess great minds think alike.

2. Saturday I had a hair appointment and decided to go with a subtle ombre and I'm so in love with it. It made such a difference to my look without forcing a drastic change on my part:




3. Tuesday I went to lunch with my friend Lauren. Lola (as I affectionately call her) and I were best friends in high school. After we graduated and went our separate ways, we lost touch. As fate would have it, we now both work at the same company so we are playing catch up. It was so much fun spending time with her again. 

4. As a result of our lunch date, I decided to go through some old pictures and see if I could find any of Lola and I. I had such a great time walking down memory lane, I even found some of my grandmother, which brought me comfort. 

I uncovered this particular picture and decided to do a side by side. It's amazing how much of a difference 10 years can make. 



Funny story about our outfits in the picture on the left. That particular day Lola and I decided to switch outfits and be "each other" for the day. I even went without my glasses the whole day, and for someone who is practically blind, it was tough. But it was fun being someone else for a day. I love trips down memory lane.

5. Sunday I was finally able to make Dave his birthday dinner. Every year I always make him a meal of his choice. His birthday was two weeks ago but we've been so busy that I didn't get around to it until this past weekend. I sent him to go work on his fixer upper car with his uncle for the day while I stayed home catching up on homework and cleaning (or watching TV, maybe...). I ran out and picked him up an ice cream cake:



Which we shared with our neighbors after dinner. My neighbor went with me to pick up the cake and we were trying to think of something witty to put on the cake, which never happens when you are put on the spot. So I said "I don't know, holy crap that's it! Just put I don't know on there!" and that is what you see. Dave got a kick out of it, and that's good enough for me. 

That's all I got for now. How was your week? Enjoy your weekend!

Linking up with Lauren.