Monday, June 3, 2013

Cube Steak

Growing up, my mom used to let my sister and I pick what she would make for our birthday dinner. Every year, without fail, I would always choose the same thing--cube steak.




I'll be up front now, it isn't a "pretty" meal, but oh my gosh is it good. It's comfort food at it's finest and there is nothing more that I love (other than Dave, Nibs and Squish of course!) than comfort food. I paired it with mashed potatoes (a MUST for this dish!) and corn pudding to round out the deliciousness.

Here is what you need:


-1 pack of Cube Steaks (I purchased a small pack, however I recommend getting a larger pack, this particular one pictured was just enough to feed Dave and I, also if the steaks are on the larger side you may want to consider cutting them down a bit, but that is a personal preference)
-1 to 2 Tbs margarine
-1 can of cream of chicken soup
-1 can of cream of mushroom soup
-1/2 can milk for each can (1 can of milk total)
-salt and pepper to taste

Here is what you need to do:

1. Melt margarine in pan and brown the cube steaks on both sides.
2. Add both soups and milk to the pan, making sure the meat is completely covered (see picture)

3. Simmer steaks on medium heat stirring occasionally and flipping meat as necessary (but not too much, you don't want to break the meat up) for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4. Serve and enjoy!

What are your favorite comfort foods?