Monday, June 24, 2013

Summertime and the Living is Easy....

Friday was the first day of summer. Normally I'm not a summer kind of gal. I would spend my childhood summers holed up in my room reading, my pale skin is a good indicator of my lack of sunshine growing up. This year I decided I'm going to make a list of things I would like to accomplish this summer. Hopefully, posting it on here will hold me accountable, since I'm sure you all will love to hear of my adventures in completing this list.  Without further ado:

1. Go to at least two new restaurants in my area. Dave and I always go to the same chain restaurants...time to think outside the box!

2. Find out if any drive in movie theaters still exist near me and go see a movie. 

3. Read a book for my own personal pleasure. I'm always reading, but now my reading time has been devoted to school books and the teen book club. *Bonus* read at least half of it outside.

4. Go on a mini vacation (this is already booked, super excited for it!)

5.  Have a water balloon fight. Why? Cause I haven't been in one in a very long time and I was always too chicken to get hit with a balloon. 

6. Go mini golfing. Dave and I only mini golf when we are on vacation, and there are a few places near us that we ignore completely, its time to go putt putt!

7. Take new pictures for the blog, outside, possibly in a field or on a lake. 

What is on your summer checklist?