Wednesday, February 12, 2014

An Open Letter to Bare Minerals

Dear Bare Minerals,

I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me...I think. Everyone else likes something of yours and sings your praises but not me. I tried, I really did, but I just don't like you. 

I bought your 4 piece lips and eyes gift set in the hopes that maybe I could like something of yours since your mineral makeup and I just couldn't get along. And I figured at $10 what could go wrong? 



Well for starters, the lip and blush color look pink in the photos, but they aren't. Which wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the fact that they are probably the least flattering colors for most skin shades. The blush? Golden gate color? Does orange blush look good on anyone? The moxie lip gloss? I've heard so much about how great this stuff was. The color was a brownish color, which again I don't get. Does brown look good on most girls? Why would these shades be in a sample set? Don't you want to pick the most universally flattering colors possible to promote future purchases? Back to the gloss. I had it on for 5 minutes and had to get it off. The smell, the way it coated my lips, everything about it made me want to wipe it off as quickly as I could. 

The eye shadow wasn't too bad, the color is half decent and seems to go on well. But the Almay Nude Shadow trio I bought at the same time has the same exact color in it for half the price. 



Your flawless definition mascara wasn't half bad. It did a great job of separating my lashes and didn't get clumpy but for all the hassle, I can just stick with Cover Girl's Eye Brightening Mascara.


I think it's time we threw in the towel. The next time I'm hypnotized by your beautiful packaging or hyped up products, I'm going to remind myself how much I don't like my experiences with you and I'm going to move on. I'm sorry Bare Minerals, we gave it a good run. 

We'll always have.....well we won't have anything but there are plenty of other girls out there that like you, you'll find someone new soon. 

Love,

Nicole


                                         Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest Image Map