Monday, April 29, 2013

Strawberry Smoothie

Mmmmmmmmmm
I love strawberry smoothies, but they have to be just right to be perfect, in my opinion. I'm like the Goldilocks of strawberry smoothies. The perfect smoothie is frothy with tiny little bubbles chilling on the surface. This also means that it's the perfect consistency, not too thick that you can't suck it up through a straw (which is the only acceptable way to drink a smoothie in my eyes, everything is better when you drink it through a straw!) but not so thin that you might as well be drinking juice. It also has to be smooth (hence being a smoothie), but I mean smoooooth, I don't want chunks of anything.

The base of this recipe is from the chef who works at my company's cafeteria, I've increased the portions of some things to get it to the consistency that I like and played around with it a bit. The real secret here is the yogurt. That is what gets the frothiness to the perfect point. Anyway, here is what you need:


-Fresh or frozen strawberries, about 1 cup, again adjusting to your preferences
- 1/4 cup orange juice to start, you might want to add up to another 1/4 cup to loosen up the smoothie
-1 small container vanilla yogurt
-ice (only if you use fresh strawberries)

There really isn't much to tell you here about what to do. Throw everything in the blender and blend, blend, blend, like walk away, get your cup and straw ready, and then blend some more. Stop the blender and check for consistency and flavor, add anything you might need to get you to your happy place and then pour it in a cup. 

Don't forget your straw!