Friday, April 26, 2013

End of the Week Roundup

1. I saw this sign on Saturday, I don't think there is much more that can be said:
Those who throw dirt, lose ground.
2. Monday I stopped by Chipotle for lunch. I was in the midst of ordering some corn flour tortillas and we (the server and I) got to the point where I picked the meat and I blurted out CHOCOLATE. What the? Chocolate? What the heck is wrong with me? I wasn't even thinking about chocolate, or craving it (confession: I had already had some that day), where did this come from?

I hung my head in shame while the girl looked at me questioningly like I had just broken out of the loony bin. I proceeded to tell her to ignore my absurd request and just give me some chicken, which is what I had wanted all along, contrary to what my mouth said. Regardless, my CHICKEN tortillas were good, while my sanity is still out for questioning. Let's chalk this up under "Nicole-isms". Dave has to deal with them often, much to his amusement, and now you, my dear reader, will as well. Trust me there will be plenty more where that came from, Dave can attest to that.

3. Wednesday was really nice, like 70 degrees and slight breeze nice. I decided to take the opportunity to let Nibbler and Squishee outside, but since I was on my own (Dave was working late), I had to put their harnesses and leashes on them. If not, Squish gets freaked out and then tries to run away and then I have to worry about losing Nibbler as I'm chasing Squish around. So I decided to save myself the heartache and put them in their harnesses. They HATE their harnesses. Squish walks backwards and plops up against everything trying to get it off and Nibbler does a reenactment of swan lake by literally leaping around the house on his hind legs. They freak out until they get outside and then its all "ooooh grass?" and then it doesn't matter if they are in the harness. We enjoyed a few minutes outside and I got this awesome pic:

Squish is on the left, eyeballing Nibs, who I got mid-bite.
I also got this great pic too, which is now my new wallpaper on my phone. I'm not going to tell you how many times a day I push the "on" button to see it....it's shameful.



4. Monday I bought "Laced" by Urban Decay, Tuesday one of my favorite bloggers posted a tutorial that used the eyeshadow. Good timing, right? At first I thought I was going to have to go out and buy another one of the shades, but when I went home I noticed it was already in my Naked 2 palette (which is awesome by the way!!) so I had everything I needed to recreate the look! I love it when things work out like this, when you have something you want to try whether it be a new makeup look or a craft or whatever, and you realize you have all the things you need to do it. Now I just have to get up early enough to actually put makeup on, since I get up twenty minutes before I have to walk out the door most days (I really need to stop doing this) and don't have time for anything less than pulling my hair back and swiping my face with some powder. It's not my best look, but that's what I get for being lazy.

5. I've been obsessed with this song this week. I keep playing it over and over and over, which I do to most songs until I'm sick of them. It's so haunting, I love love love songs like this. It also makes me want to learn to play guitar again (because I've started that three times now, one day, mark my words, I will play guitar--consistently!!!)



Have you ever played a song over and over until you never want to hear another note of it again? What song was it?

Hallelujah, we made it another week!