Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Story- Elizabeth Smart

Bonnie over at Life of Bon hosts a monthly book club. This month we read My Story by Elizabeth Smart.


I thought this was a good book, Elizabeth Smart is very courageous and it probably took a lot for her to write all this down and share it. For her to succeed the way she has after facing horrific situations is amazing. 


Here's Bon's questions:
+ What made you feel connected (or disconnected) to Elizabeth throughout the story?

The only way I was really able to get through this book was knowing that she made it out of this situation alive. I don't think I'd be able to stomach everything she went through if I didn't know she was okay in the end. 

+ What was something that amazed/ shocked you when reading her story?


I think it's incredible how resilient Elizabeth is and how she's been able to turn her life around. My only qualm about the book is that she claims she didn't use therapy at all to work through her issues, just her faith, however I read on a Goodreads review that her parents (or whoever wrote a book as well) stated that she was in therapy. It may be splitting hairs but if it's not true, she shouldn't say it. 

Did you read My Story? What were your thoughts? 


Check back next month when I co-host with Bon for Yes Please!