Wednesday, May 27, 2015

15 in '15 May Update

Hello Friends! Sorry for the absence over  the past week, I've been feeling a bit of a brain drain lately and decided to take a quick break from writing. This normally means the kiss of death for blogs, I promise you that is not the case, I'd just rather not write than write crap. 

I did want to share with you that I did finish a book on the 15 in '15 list! 


The Serpent of Venice

Christopher Moore is one of my favorite writers, however his last few books have fell flat for me, this one included. It's not because it's a bad book it's because I liked Moore's previous books. His recent ones have been inspired by the French art movement in the 1800's, which doesn't interest me, or Shakespeare, which I feel has been lampooned enough. The Serpent of Venice is Moore's retelling of a mishmash of The Cask of Amontillado, Othello, and The Merchant of Venice. I had a tough time getting through this book and even thought I was going to have to give up another book on this list. I ended up finishing it but I wasn't super enthralled with it. 

I would definitely recommend a Christopher Moore book to someone to read, but I definitely would not recommend this one. 

I'm in the middle of The Glass Castle now, it's a bit of a slow read for me. The contents of the book are insane but the short chapters make it hard for me to be hooked. We'll see how it turns out when I finish it for next month's post! 

Here's the complete list (links will go to the post that I wrote about the book):

1. Sharp Objects
2. TV Gods
3. A Discovery of Witches
4. The Thousand Dollar Tan Line
5. The Serpent of Venice
6. I Don't Know What You Know Me From
7. Big Fish
8. Orange is the New Black
9. American Gods
10. Dead Until Dark
11. The Great Gatsby
12. The Glass Castle
13. Pride and Prejudice
14. Insurgent
15. The Clan of the Cave Bear
16. Paddle Your Own Canoe


I would love to hear about what you read this month!

I'm on Goodreads, if you'd lik
e to add me.