Monday, October 7, 2013

Shine On Award

Samantha over at Where the Love was Found nominated me for the Shine On Award!


Get it? The sun is shining on me....
Can I just say how absolutely flattering this is? To have someone who has never physically met me, like my blog enough to recognize it for an award is awesome, so thank you Samantha!!

As a part of the nomination I am supposed to share 7 random, interesting things about myself. I can't promise they'll be interesting, but they will be random!

1. I HATE peanut butter. Every aspect of it is incredibly disgusting to me, the look, the smell, the taste, the color, EVERYTHING. 

2. I can't watch animal movies, even cartoon ones. Lion King used to be my favorite movie, now I can't bear to watch it. The thought of any animal being sad or hurt gives me anxiety. I don't know why, but it's kinda annoying. Even when I watched "How to Train your Dragon" I had a mild anxiety attack. Couldn't even get five minutes into "Rio" before I was crying hysterically because the bird was stuck in a box in the cold. 

3. I love to sew and I like to make quilts, mainly baby quilts. I even set up my own Facebook page for it a while ago, Quilts by Nicole. I'm no professional, but it gets the job done. 

4. I taught Nibbler and Squishee how to "kiss" on command and immediately when you pick them up. They just put their nose up to your face and kiss you. I totally take advantage of this. Most nights, Dave will hear me walk around the house, "Squishee!!! Kiss, kiss!" 

5. I like my ice cream microwaved for a bit before I eat it. Before you say this is weird, I'd like to point out that my microwave has a soften button that includes an ice cream setting, so I can't be the only person. The frothy goodness is so delicious!

6. I proudly declare myself a cat lady. Should you choose to insert the "crazy" in the front is fine with me. 

7. I am a certified SCUBA diver and have gone on dives in Jamaica and Turks and Caicos. I loved diving so much, I paid buku bucks for Dave to get certified too so it's something we could do together.



And now, here are the amazing bloggers that I nominate!

SHINE ON, FRIENDS!

The Shine On Award rules:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven, random interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.