Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Do It For Them

I'm not sure I've ever mentioned it on here before but I'm a huge Simpsons fan. HUGE. I even had a Simpsons themed wedding. 

Don't worry, it was super classy, but super fun too. 

Anyway, my all time favorite episode of the Simpsons is in the sixth season, it's called "And Maggie Makes Three". It's about Homer and Marge finally paying off their house and Homer quitting his job at the power plant and working at his dream job, the bowling alley. They find out that they are expecting Maggie and Homer has to literally crawl back to get his job. Burns then puts up this sign at his desk:



There are some days that I feel like that. I'm stuck at my job forever. It sucks. I want nothing more than to leave and start my career. I'm at my job for a paycheck, not for fulfillment. Most days, I long for that fulfillment. Or at least some semblance of happiness for the work I do. 

So how do Homer and I connect? Where am I going with this post? Homer responds to this sign by doing this:




Those days that get really bad for me, I look at the two pictures I have on my desk. One of Dave and I and the other of Nibbler and Squishee cuddling and I think to myself, "do it for them". 

And that gets me through the day. Every day. 

Someday I will have a job that will make me happy and provide me with the fulfillment I so long for. But for now, my little family provides me with the happiness and fulfillment I need to get me by day after day. 

I do this for them. 



Follow: BLOGLOVIN ::  FACEBOOK







The Hump Day Blog Hop