Wednesday, October 9, 2013

There will be Tears

I mentioned previously that I have a nun for one of my professors. I was initially terrified of having her for a teacher but she's pretty awesome. Don't get me wrong, she's tough, but she's also very funny, in a dry way, which is my favorite kind of funny. She's also kind, like she'll be there for you if you need her, and won't smack your hand with a ruler. Which is my favorite kind of nun.


Yes I totally reused this picture, any attempts at getting a decent picture this week failed. 

Anyway, last class I had with her we were all on a roll and there were some very funny moments that I had to share with you. Here are some excerpts of our conversation:

Student- "So wait, which one is dead?"
Sister- "Um, the one that died."

Student (when discussing the upcoming midterm)- "You just want us to do bad"
Sister- "I don't want you to do bad. I want you to do badly."

Student- "How bad is this test? Like how did other students do before?"
Sister- "There were tears."

Sister (after a rousing conversation about the unfairness of having to pay for parking when we didn't before and right before we talked about the ending to Beowulf)- "The parking permits are such a huge dilemma, I'm sure you all only hoped you could have battled a dragon in a cave of gold instead."

Touche sister, touche. 



The Hump Day Blog Hop