Wednesday, February 26, 2014

14 in '14 - February Update

In December, I wrote a post about the 14 books in 2014 that I wanted to make a point to read, among others. You can check out January's reads here

Here's what I read in February:




Christopher Moore is one of my favorite authors. Normally, his crude sense of humor has me crying so hard from laughter while I read one of his books, but Sacre Bleu was a bit off the tracks for him. I wasn't as intrigued or enthralled by this book as I was his others. I definitely wouldn't recommend this book first over other Moore novels, but I wouldn't say it was terrible. It was...okay? 


Where'd you go Bernadette?

After getting past part one of this book, I thought it was excellent. Was it as hilarious as all the quotes that covered the front and back of the book claim? No. I chuckled at a few parts, but by no means did I think this book was funny. It was unique and original and I loved how differently the book was written. The first part was a bit slow and I had some trouble slugging through it and the ending left a bit more to be desired (there were a few unanswered questions), but the story line and the middle part of the book were really good and I enjoyed reading it.  I would definitely recommend picking this book up for a quick read. 

Are you on Goodreads? If so, add me! I always love connecting with fellow readers!