Monday, February 24, 2014

Halfway There

52 days ago I decided to take up the 100 Happy Days Challenge. Reflecting back on the first half of this challenge, I noticed a few things:


::I didn't post as many pictures of my cats that I thought::

 I counted and came up with 11 posts about Nibbler and Squishee, that's only about 20%. Not too shabby considering they make me happy everyday.





::Some days I had to fake it to make it::

There were certain days that I struggled to find something "original" or "unique" that made me happy. Sometimes it was because I was just in a sour mood and forgot the whole concept of the challenge, other times it was just a slow "news" day. 

The thing that I have to keep reminding myself is that this challenge isn't for anyone else except for me. No offense to you guys, but I'm not doing this to entertain you, I'm doing this to try to understand happiness as a daily concept and not through random things. 

However, with that being said....


::Choosing a challenge where it helps if you stay busy is kinda hard to do in the middle of winter and all you want to do is hibernate::

When winter hits, I hibernate. Don't most us? That means that most days consists of waking up, going to work, staying at work over lunch and reading a book, coming home and reading more, cuddling my cats (and Dave), watching TV and then going to bed. This routine is not conducive to posting really awesome, different pictures everyday.

The first 50 days have been challenging but fun. I definitely think that I've gotten better about finding happiness on a daily basis, but I'm not quite there yet. I still have 48 days to go, so we'll see! 

And now for a few of my favorites so far:

If you want to see my progress, follow me on Instagram. Also, if you are taking on the challenge, let me know, I'd love to see what makes you happy!