Monday, December 8, 2014

To Christmas Card or Not Christmas Card...That is the Question.

Source

Christmas cards always seemed, to me at least, like something families with children did--not a married couple with two cats. When Dave and I got married three years ago, I was 26 and still felt too young to send out Christmas cards. I thought, who cares about the two of us besides family? 

I personally am not a fan of the greeting card type of Christmas cards. Don't get me wrong, I love to get them, but I hate to send them. They seem too impersonal for me to send. And sending out a personalized picture card seemed too weird to send if it was just Dave, the cats and me. 

But this year I'm starting to feel differently. I want to send out personalized cards, even if it's just us and our fur babies. I flip flopped on the idea for a few days and decided that this year we would send them out. It feels a little weird still. I mean, we've been married three years and we're just now sending out the cards, with no kids? But I feel like I'm hitting that "age" where Christmas cards are okay to send.

So we attempted to stage some nice pictures in front of the camera, but they didn't look right. Then I thought back on the past year. All the ups and downs, highs and lows, and decided to just share a few pictures from our year, to sum it up nicely for family and friends while wishing them well for the holiday season. 

What are your thoughts? Do you send Christmas cards even if it is just you and your significant other?