Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sweet Dreams Are(n't) Made of These

I'm going to assume that I'm the only one who still has nightmares well into adulthood. Sometimes they vary from the ridiculous (like Freddy Kruger is chasing me) to the way too real for my taste (like losing Dave or one of the cats). There are a few things that I do still that I wonder if I'm the only one that does. 

Like not put my leg out beyond the bed, just in case. 

Or, pulling the covers all the way up to my chin, just in case. 



And, taking a running leap into the bed, just in case something is hiding underneath ready to snatch me.



Or, sometimes (and this is the most terrifying) I'll know I'm in a dream, and I'll tell myself to wake up but I can't. I try to yell out to get Dave to wake me but my voice is always muted, or I'll try to flail my arms and legs to get him to wake me but I can't because I think they're tied down. I can feel myself hyperventilating but I can't wake up until my body lets me. 

Do you still do any of these ridiculous things?