Friday, August 16, 2013

End of the Week Roundup

This was a great week! I normally struggle to find the fifth item on my list but this week, the roundup was complete before Thursday morning! Here are the highlights of my week:

1. My nephews stayed at Dave's parents house on Saturday, so we stopped by to see them. They wanted to show us how they could ride bikes, and I captured this moment between Dave and Lucas. 



It's amazing to see them grow up and what new things they've learned every time I see them. 

2. Saturday night's date night, which I talked about on Monday's post. Still smiling when I think about all the fun we had that night. 

3. Tuesday was rainy and dreary. It was just a gloomy day and I was craving grilled cheese and tomato soup, which I mentioned to Dave. About an hour into work I got a call from Dave to go down and check my car. When I went out to it, I saw he had left a can of tomato soup for me! I had the cafeteria at work make me a grilled cheese sandwich, so my craving was satisfied. I love my husband and the sweet things he does for me, it makes me appreciate him all the more. I truly am a lucky girl.

4. Tuesday was also Nibbler and Squishee's 3rd birthday! We celebrated by taking them outside for a little bit (the afternoon ended up clearing up the rain and bringing us a gorgeous sunny evening) and then treated them to a can of wet food.

It's weird to think I've only had them for 3 years. Honestly, it's hard to imagine I had a life without them. We all mesh so well, it feels like we been a family forever, and will be forever. If  pet soul mates exist, Nibs and Squish are mine. Here is a sweet picture of my babies when they were kittens:




5. Wednesday we went and saw "We're the Millers". It was a really funny movie, and we really enjoyed ourselves. If you don't mind adult humor, I highly recommend it. 

That's all for this week, have a good weekend! 


Linking up with Lauren!