Friday, August 9, 2013

End of the Week Roundup

I feel like I blinked and I missed summer. I know its not over yet, but there's only two more weeks before I head back to school. I think it helped that I've been busier this summer than I've ever been--in a good way. Here is the round up for the week:

1. Sunday I went tubing again, this time with Dave and our friends, Melissa and Dan.I avoided the whole sunburn problem that I had last time by spraying every inch of my body twice over and had a really great time. It was relaxing and we just chilled, floated and chatted. I would love to be able to do it at least one more time before the summer is over.

2. Tuesday night I met up with my friend Melissa who I haven't seen in at least 5 years. She and I met at my first "real job" when I was 18 and we stayed friends since. She moved down to Florida a few years ago so needless to say our reunion on Tuesday night was a much needed catch up. She is the epitome of a great friend. We don't talk often but when we do, it's like we never lost any time. I love her dearly. 


3. I decided to try the 30 squat challenge with my co-worker Sheena. It all started because I shared my fear of getting cubicle butt, which was becoming a quick reality, and then it turned into us being like "yeah we got this!". I'm on day two and cubicle butt is already feeling more appealing right now. I kid, I kid!

4. I went to a local farmers market this past week. I saw a picture they posted on their facebook page about spinach and feta bread. It looked heavenly. It looked like I needed to leave work early and get down there NOW for this bread. But the market opened at 3 and I only worked until 4. I figured I'd have plenty of time to get down there and get some bread. I mean I'd only be there about an hour and fifteen minutes after they started selling it, so I'd be good right? WRONG. Apparently I wasn't the only one enticed by this delicious looking bread. They did, however, have spinach and feta croissants, so I snagged one of those and tried my best to enjoy it without inhaling it. It was tough guys. 



5. This is what the start of most of my weekday mornings look like. Squish or Nibbler (in this case Squish) lying on my lap, not budging. This, folks, is why I give myself maybe 10 minutes to get out the door, which is why most days you can tell I'm phoning it in, looks-wise. But wouldn't you do the same? 


That's it for this week! Have a good weekend!

Linking up with Lauren!