Wednesday, August 7, 2013

"Marry Me?" Ribs

I call these ribs the "Marry Me" Ribs because they are so good, whoever you make them for will fall in love with you. And the best part? They are incredibly simple to make. 




Dave always asks for these when a special occasion arises, like his birthday. When I make them I normally will share a few with my neighbors so that the next time I absentmindedly ignore their greetings on my way into my house, they'll still like me. Because I do that often, not because I don't like my neighbors. I just don't pay attention to my surroundings. At all. 

Anyway, here is what you need:
-1 onion (the kind doesn't matter, whatever you prefer, I use a sweet vidalia) 
- 1 pack of ribs, cut down to one to three ribs per section (to fit into the crockpot)
-1 bottle (16 oz or larger) barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper
-Crock pot
-Broiler Pan

Here is what you do:

1. Arrange the rib pieces on a broiler pan, salt and pepper on both sides and broil on high for 15 minutes, until they are slightly browned.
2. Slice up your onion and arrange it in the bottom of the crock pot
3. Place browned up rib sections into the crock pot and cover with barbecue sauce 
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours

Hope you enjoy!