Monday, August 12, 2013

Saturday Night Date Night

This past Saturday night Dave and I went on an impromptu date night. You know, one of those "Did you pull anything out for dinner?" "No, you?" "Nope, let's have a date night!". 

Our evening began at a local restaurant/buffet. Dave and I live near Amish country, which means delicious comfort food. I love comfort food, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. We both chose the buffet and stuffed our faces. The special for the night was prime rib, which meant if I wasn't already on cloud nine for being on a date with my husband, that would have done the trick.

Duh? Haha
Then we headed to a local mini-golf course and played a round of mini-golf.



The place we went to had two separate courses that weaved in and out of a wooded area, all of which was beautifully landscaped. The course we were on had waterfalls everywhere (a video of which you can find on my Instagram), and it sounded heavenly. It was so nice and relaxing!
Walking to the 1st hole



As for the actual game play? I just whack the ball, because isn't that how everyone plays? 



As you can tell by the look on Dave's face, he was much more serious about the game. Which meant, of course, he won in a landslide victory. 

But that's okay, I had a great night and completed another item on the checklist! If you care enough to keep track, that means that I only have two things left to check off (drive in theater and taking pictures)!