Monday, August 19, 2013

Five Things

{five things I have a passion for}
1. Learning. At any age, you should always be learning. (I stole this from Alissa, its true though! You can never learn less)
2. My husband. He's my best friend, my rock, and makes me feel like I finally have a place in the world.
3. Reading. The escape that reading offers is priceless. 
4. Nibbler and Squishee. I'm crazy over these two. 
5. Finding peace. With myself, with life, with the world. 



Oooooooold photo

{five things I'd like to do before I die}
1. Legitimately learn how to play guitar, so I can actually use the gorgeous one I bought three years ago that is just sadly collecting dust.
2. Visit all 50 states with Dave.
3. Find my forever home. The home I'll raise children in, grow old with Dave in. My current house is nice, don't get me wrong, but it's not my forever home.
4. Raise smart, humble, sweet children.
5. Find peace. With myself, with life, with the world. 

{five books or magazines I've read lately}
1. Ready Player One. This left my fingers itching for days afterwards from book withdraw. It was so good.
2. Son. The final book in The Giver series. 
3. The Ocean at the End of the Lane. My first Neil Gaiman book, I think he may just be a new favorite author. 
4. The Messenger
5. Glamour

{five favorite movies}
1. Meet the Robinsons. Those sweet kids I mentioned raising? Yeah, I want a family like the Robinsons.
2. Big Fish. Gets me every time.
3. Up. I start crying before the movie even starts. 
4. Suckerpunch. I'm a sucker for that movie (see what I did there?) 
5. The Futurama episodes that were originally released as movies. It's one of my favorite shows, if you hadn't already figured with Nibbler's name.



As you can tell, we still have a ways to go!
{five places I'd love to travel to}
1. Back to Tennessee. I miss that place so much.
2. All 50 states
3. Canada
4. France/England/Ireland
5. Figi or Bora Bora (I should probably start saving for that now, so I can go when I'm 99)


I borrowed today's post from Alissa over at Graceless Lady