Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy "Birthday"



Exactly one year ago today I started writing on this blog. Originally titled "A Dramastically Different Life", this blog has grown into so much more than what I expected. 

Before creating A.D.D.L., I had wanted to start a blog for a few years. I even created one a few years before starting this one, but only ended up writing two posts before I abandoned it. I remember telling friends the summer before I started Nicole Marica all about my grand plans to start a blog. I don't know why I wanted to write, but I knew I had to, like an itch that needed to be scratched.

I changed the name from Dramastically Different because, although it was a catchy name, it was such a pain to try and tell people the name. It was definitely a mouthful. Also, I worried the name would pigeonhole me. This blog doesn't have a niche, I write about what currently inspires me. A name like A.D.D.L. would almost force me to write about nothing but my own life, which I can promise you is not worthy of consistent blog posts. 

Friends and connections I've made through this blog are probably the best things that have come out of me starting this blog. Fellow bloggers are so supportive and most of them are kind and willing to help out each other. I feel so incredibly lucky to be part of the blogging community.

I've also begun to notice fonts. The different styles, combinations, and usages for them. It's kinda scary to be able to look at an advertisement and know what font the company used.  

Before I wrote my first post, I had created and designed the blog page and created my Facebook page. Then I let it sit for two weeks because I didn't want to write one post and then abandon it like I did my first blog. One night, Dave and I just sat around playing a game all night and I knew I just had to pull the trigger and post about it. And so it began!

I've really enjoyed this ride so far, and I can't wait to see what lies ahead for Nicole Marica (it's weird I feel like I'm talking about myself in third person, haha!). Thank you, readers, for coming here weekly (or however often you do) and reading. Here's to another year!