Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Life is Good

My very first post on this blog was a personal one. It was a moment I wanted to capture in time, and I'm really glad I did because I probably would have forgotten all about that simple but sweet evening with Dave if I hadn't posted about it. Moments like that don't happen often but when they do I need to record them to have the opportunity to relive them all over again. This is one of the many reasons why I blog, so I am able to smile and remind myself of the blissful moments that spring up in our lives.



Monday night was one of those nights that I need to relive again. After watching The Big Wedding, the song at the end of the credits that came on made me want to dance but I didn't want to ask Dave to since his ankle was really hurting him (for those of you that don't know he fell a few years ago and shattered his ankle bone. Thankfully, he is able to walk but most days it really hurts him). He got up from the couch and said "dance with me" and while we really just kinda swayed side to side so he didn't have to move too much, it was probably one of the top five moments of my life. Just laughing with my husband as we swayed to the music.

Afterwards, I went into the kitchen to clean up from dinner while he tried to tune my ukulele that I just bought. Over the sounds of the running sink, I can hear him strum the uke and singing along to the accompanying CD, which included "Row Your Boat". I couldn't help but smile as I heard him croon, "life is but a dream".




I always like to think and say "life is good" because when put into perspective, my life really is good. But when moments like this pop up I really truly know what it means to say that. So for today, I post this to remember the feeling of know what having a good life truly means and to remember to save the last dance for Dave.