Wednesday, April 16, 2014

100 Happy Days

If you follow me on Instagram, then you know back in January I took on the 100 Happy Days challenge. My 100th day was up on April 12th and looking back, I have mixed feelings about the challenge. Namely the length. 100 days is a really long time to do something daily and there were times where it got to be tedious. 

I appreciated what the challenge taught me, which is finding happiness in my day to day life and not just in the big moments. I probably learned that lesson around day 50 and could have done without the last 50 days. That isn't to say that I don't look back on the pictures and enjoy them, but as I was doing the challenge it went from "man I'm having such a bad day...oh wait no I'm not. This makes me happy, I guess today wasn't so bad" to "this and this made me happy today...I guess I need to post something, what day is it? Am I done this challenge yet?"

I still recommend everyone take on the challenge with one little twist: When you learn the moral of the story, it's okay to stop there. 

Here are some of my favorite pictures of the last 50 days of the challenge.