Monday, April 14, 2014

Liebster Award Part Deux

Yay! I got nominated for another Liebster Award! I really love these things, they invoke such community among bloggers. Stephanie over at Superheroes in Jammies (I love that name) nominated me for this round of the award. 


The rules for the award always change up a little so here's a quick gist of the rules that were on Steph's blog:


1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award. 
2. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you and create 11 new questions for the people that you tag to answer. 
4. Nominate 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers for the award and let them know....I don't know 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers...so I gave you my current favorites that are around that range... 

Random Facts:
1. I really want to get a decent DSLR camera but don't have the money to justify such a big expenditure, so my iPhone camera will have to do for blog pictures.

2. If I could eat dessert every night I would happily. Brownies and cupcakes and Tiramisu, oh my! (that's a play on the Wizard of Oz if you didn't catch that)

3. I dislike thinking up random facts on the fly, I'm better at bringing them up during conversations...I'm on day 3 and fact 3.

4. I went rock climbing in high school  and loved it, but when I tried it a few years ago I was so terrified I only got maybe six feet off the ground (just slightly above my own height), freaked out and decided to keep my feet planted to the ground. Still love ziplining though.

5. Dave and I have a goal to visit all 50 states someday.

6. Sometimes I like to drive around with my radio on scan during the whole drive. 

7. My favorite number is 4. 

8. I have four siblings: one older sister, a step brother and sister who are twins (but you can just take the "step" part out, they're family--blood or not), and a younger half brother.

9. Growing up I had a monkey that was a puppet/stuffed animal, I named him Virgil and carried him everywhere with me. I still have him stored away at my house.

10. I was really creative growing up, I taught myself how to sew, and made up games to play with my little sister. I even created a board game for her and I to play when I stayed at my dad's house on the weekends.

11. I can waste hours on websites like The Meta Picture, looking at memes. I love me my memes....say that ten times fast. 




Here are the questions Stephanie posed:

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

I would say either down south somewhere (but only if I could have a true Southern home with a wrap around porch) or California. But honestly, wherever Dave is, that's where I live. 

2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

I would say Jumper capability (like from the movie). That way, I could travel anywhere for free...and I can't say I wouldn't live comfortably like Hayden Christensen did in the film.

3. What is your favorite candy?

Milky Way!!

4. What is your biggest fear?

Only one? There's so many....but the first ones that come to mind are being buried alive or drowning.

5. What is the worst injury that ever happened to you?

Knock on wood, I've never broken a bone. KNOCK ON FREAKING WOOD. However, in third grade, I did drop a cup of really hot soup on my thigh and suffered second and near third degree burns. 

6. What was the last book you read?

Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. For Bon's book club!

7. What is your favorite season?

It's a toss up between fall and spring. Perfect temperature days....

8. Silver or gold?

Silver

9. What is something that you have recently learned?

 NASA uses the movie Armageddon as part of its training program. 




10. What is your dream job?

Teaching, of course! But full time blogger/writer is a close second!

11. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Mint Chocolate Chip

And here are my questions for the "chosen ones" (feel free to answer any of these in the comment section, even if you aren't nominated!):

1. If you could choose, what would your last meal be? 
2. Name something you hate, why do you hate it?
3. If you had to move to a different state other than the one you currently live in, what state would you choose? Why?
4. Favorite TV show (s)?
5. What is one movie you cannot stand? 
6. What is your preferred form of social media (twitter, pinterest, instagram, etc)?
7. If you  had to listen to one genre of music for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. Heels or flats?
9. What is one of your pet peeves?
10. What was your favorite subject in school?
11. What is one skill or talent that you have?

Here are my nominees! Check them out!