Monday, April 7, 2014

Goals

Thirteen years ago I wrote down four goals that I wanted to accomplish at some point in my life. I don't know why I wrote these goals down, but my mom hung on to them. 


1. Go to NYU

I wrote this during a time when I was obsessed with Sex and the City and New York City. I also wrote this goal when I had no clue how much it cost to go to college. I'm going to give myself half a point for this one, because even though I didn't go to NYU, I did graduate from college in December which is something I didn't think I'd ever accomplish. Plus, I wouldn't have lasted five minutes in NYC....city life isn't for me and even if it was, I couldn't afford it. 

2. Learn to play guitar

I took guitar lessons a few years ago, but stopped when I couldn't afford to go every week. I'm going to give myself another half credit for this. I can't play guitar well enough to go on stage, but I can play something.


3. Write a book

I wanted to write a book because I always enjoyed writing, and thought it would be a great creative outlet...which is also why I started this blog. I don't think I could write a story long enough for a book, but after writing the short story I posted a little bit ago, I think it'd be cool to write a collection of short stories. When my mom found this list not only had I totally forgotten about it, but I didn't even remember this was part of the list. It's funny how some things never change. 

4. Go to SNL and see a real show

Again, I wrote this during a very specific time, a time when Jimmy Fallon and Chris Kattan were on SNL. I'm not a huge fan of the show now, so I'm changing this goal up to "Go to a Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" taping, and now that it's out here for you all to see, it's something I'll have to work towards accomplishing.

Do you remember any goals you created when you were younger? Did you accomplish them?