Monday, April 21, 2014

Bridal Shower

Two Sundays ago, we held a bridal shower for my sister who is getting married in June. It was a really great day and I thought I'd share some moments from the shower with you!

I was in charge of making tropical chex mix (which was a hit!) and tea sandwiches (which I will share the recipes with you on Wednesday). 


My sister is getting married in Jamaica, so the theme of the shower was tropical. The cake was decorated with fondant hibiscus flowers. 



The table that held the cake also had her card basket which was supposed to look like a tiki hut and little pails of candy. 





The wall behind the cake was decorated with pictures of my sister throughout the years. I thought it was such a great touch


I was a huuuuuge baby

Aside from the tea sandwiches and chex mix, there was also pulled pork sandwiches, mozzarella and tomato skewers, and so much more. The drink table had three different options, orange juice, strawberry orange juice and pineapple orange juice, along with champagne and fruit so guests could make their own mimosas. 





Guests were given candles as party favors



The game that I came up with for the girls to play was super fun. I created four different theme boards for the groups to work off of. Each group was given bridal magazines and catalogs and had to plan a wedding based on their theme, kinda like Pinterest. The themes were island (of course), country, vintage, and traditional.


After about 10 minutes (and making sure each group had a wedding dress on their board), I gave the groups rolls of toilet paper and they had to recreate the dress they chose for their board, then I had my sister choose the winner based on the dress that was closest to the picture




It was such a fun day, and it makes me even more excited for my sister's big day!