Monday, May 12, 2014

Super Easy Steak Marinade


I have a confession to make. Prior to this steak marinade, I was a steak snob. I only ate filet mignon because I don't like chewy, unflavored steak. Then Dave's brother made a variation of this marinade and I couldn't get enough of it. Dave and I made a few changes and now we eat top round/london broil all the time. This marinade is so good, and it makes the steak so flavorful and tender (not filet tender but enough for me to love it) and it's the perfect meal to cook up on the grill during the warmer months. 

Here's what you need:

-minced garlic
-sesame oil
-soy sauce
-Worcestershire sauce
-top round (aka london broil)

Here's what you do:

1. In a dish, place a few drops of sesame oil in the bottom, and put equal parts of the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce in the bottom of the pan, enough to cover the whole bottom. 

2. Score the steak and place some garlic in the scored parts as well as a little in the bottom of the dish. Wisk the mixture around to make sure everything's all mixed together and place the scored portion of the steak facing downward in the dish.

3. Score the upper part of the steak and repeat all the steps (garlic in the scored part, equal parts soy/Worcestershire). 

4. Let the steak sit for at least a half hour, flipping halfway through. I prefer to let the steak marinade for at least an hour to really get the flavor in there. I would not marinade this steak for more than a few hours, overnight may be too much for this. 

5. Grill the steak to your liking and enjoy!