Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Crockpot Broccoli and Cauliflower


My father's side of the family is huge. My grandmother had 9 kids and we all kinda just kept growing from there. One of my favorite part of family get-togethers was our meals. They were always hearty and terrible for you but oh so good. One of my absolute favorite side dishes was the broccoli and cauliflower casserole my Aunt Penny makes. The recipe I'm sharing feeds A LOT considering the size of our family. You can cut the recipe in half and it'll feed about 6. 

Here's what you need:
- 2 packages frozen cauliflower
- 2 packages frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can cream of shrimp soup (if you cannot find cream of shrimp you can use cream of mushroom as well)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
Here's what you do:

1. Cook vegetables according to directions, arrange in crock pot.
2. In a separate pot, melt cream cheese and butter. 
3. Add milk and cream soup.
4. Mix well and pour over veggies in crock pot. Cook on high for 1 hour or 2 for low. 

Enjoy!