Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Green Beans and Bacon

I originally posted this in November 2013 when many of you didn't know I existed. I just ate this the other night and thought I'd re-share on this blog to bring it to light again on a day I normally wouldn't post. It's delicious so please try it out one night!

Green Beans and Bacon




I love this dish, it has bacon in it! Who wouldn't love it (aside from the obvious)? It is an incredibly simple dish to make with only four ingredients!



Ingredients:

- 1 pound bacon cut into one inch pieces
- 2 cans green beans
- 2 cans wax beans
- 1 onion, chopped

1. In a large pan, cook bacon and onion.

2. Drain the grease from the pan periodically (when there is too much for everything to continue to cook). You should probably drain the grease at least 3 or 4 time throughout the cooking process.

3. While the bacon is cooking, drain the beans of the water in the can completely and set aside.

4. Once the bacon is cooked, add the beans to the pan and cook covered on medium heat for about a half hour, mixing occasionally.

5. Once the beans are heated through and the flavors have all melded together, you're done! Enjoy!