Monday, August 4, 2014

Wyebrook Farms

About a week ago, Dave and I discovered a local farm/cafe near our home that we wanted to check out, Wyebrook Farm. It was such a gorgeous place and the food was delicious! I was a little bummed that I didn't bring my camera with me, so I apologize, you're stuck with iPhone photos. 





Wyebrook Farm is a 360 acre farm located about 20 minutes away from our house. All the meat cooked in the cafe is from livestock that was raised on the farm, and most of the vegetables are also grown directly on the farm. All the other food is brought in from local suppliers and is all organic. 

When we first showed up, we checked out the market located above the cafe and then walked around the building to where the cafe is located on the patio. 






The menu ranged from casual like hamburgers and pulled pork to more formal like roasted chicken, pork chops, and (for the vegetarians) tofu. Dave and I both chose the bacon burger that had "baconaise" (seriously, my mouth is watering just thinking of it) and parmesan fries. We also chose fresh squeezed lemonade to drink. The view from the patio was incredible, we both couldn't stop commenting on how nice the place was. 









After dinner, we were given free range to walk around the farm and enjoy the view even more. We checked out the pigs, piglets, cows and goats. We also checked out their herb garden where I saw fully grown onions that were about to be picked for the first time. It was really neat to see how onions looked fully grown, it's something I've never thought about. 


The patio from the bottom of the hill





 It was such a great date night, I still smile when I think about the evening and the fun we had.