Monday, September 8, 2014

Philadelphia Museum of Art

My three year wedding anniversary with Dave is coming up on Tuesday. We decided to head into the city on Saturday to celebrate the day a bit early since I'll be at work then school all day Tuesday. We parked on Boat House Row and decided to walk to the art museum. It wasn't very far, maybe 10 minutes or so and neither of us have ever stopped to check out the row, so it was nice to take in. After we toured the museum we walked up Fairmount Ave and had some slices of pizza for a quick lunch and then walked back to the car to head home. It was a really simple afternoon but so much fun. 




I'm not going to lie, I almost cried when I saw Van Gough's Sunflowers. It was just so surreal to have it right in front of me.


I'll let you guess which piece Dave insisted I take a picture of for this post. 





 There were a few pieces that made me scratch my head and wonder who was smoking what when they decided to include them in the museum. For example, this sculpture that had a case of grape soda just sitting on top of it. Dave exclaimed, "What a waste of perfectly good grape soda!" which had the nearby guard chuckling. 



 Or this particular exhibit, that had a whole room devoted to this guy who created pieces of "art" that looked like this: 


 All in all, it was a great day and a wonderful way to celebrate three years with my best friend.