Monday, September 1, 2014

Intercourse

How many of you immediately jumped to dirty thoughts when you saw the title of my post? Pennsylvania Dutch Country has some ridiculously sexual names for their Amish towns:

I'm not joking, these are names of actual towns.
Anyway, this past weekend, I met up with my cousin and we decided to pretend to be tourists for the day and walk around Intercourse, PA which is only about 20 minutes away from my house. It was such a neat experience to be so close to home and feel like I was so far away at a distant place. 

Anyway, prepare for picture overload!

First up, of course, horse and buggies abound. They are everywhere, and since I've grown up around it it's not something I'm fascinated by, but it is still neat to see them...unless your stuck behind them....in a line of 20 cars...and you're number 20. 



My cousin and I just walked around taking in the sights and checking out the shops. Where we walked was a bunch of shops that consisted of a ton of quilt shops (I got a bunch of ideas for my own quilts), homemade baked goods, jams, and relishes, furniture, and country decor. 



I loved browsing the stores, Janelle and I even grabbed some baconnaise, which is delicious!


And just in case you don't think they have something for you there, may I present you with a yeti statue for your front lawn?


There was also a band playing in the middle of the shop center. I took a video of one of their songs, I could have stood there all day and listened. 




We stopped at an adorable little coffee shop and grabbed a quick lunch and walked around a bit more. I loved seeing the signs all over the place. 


 This one is my favorite. I would love to have it hanging in my house.


Walking around Intercourse was such a great time. I got to catch up with my cousin and visit a place that was right by my house and still feel like I went on a quick vacation. It was such a scenic, fun place to go, I would definitely recommend you check it out if you're ever in the area!