Monday, November 4, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

The makeup items listed below are some of my daily favorites. I love them so much I figured I would share them with you!

So before I begin, I just want to point out...I know that half the products on here are Tarte. I just started getting into them, and yes they are on the pricey side but everything I have tried out and purchased from them has been high quality and worth the price. 

1. Tarte Lip Surgence in Enchanted- I was trying to find a darker lip color that wasn't too dark for the fall. I'm not normally a lip color kind of girl. In fact my favorite lip product used to be Strawberry Chapstick. I went to Ulta and asked one of the girls to find me a lip color that would give me a pop of color but not too over the top. The girl marked this color on her hand and it came out a very light pink, I told her that I wanted something with a little more color and she told me to just try it out. The end result was a very pretty rose color that was just the pop of darker color I was looking for. It has a nice peppermint-y feel on the lips that is refreshing and it keeps my lips moisturized for hours, something even chap stick couldn't do for me. 

2. Tarte Airbuki Bamboo Powder Brush- When I was trying to figure out all the products that should go on here, Dave pointed out I didn't have any brushes. He then surprised me by saying "You can have the best makeup in the world but it won't make any difference if you don't have a good brush....just like painting a room." I was so proud of my meat and potatoes husband. Anyway, this brush is awesome and it goes perfectly with number 6 on this list. Prior to getting the brush I wasn't sure about the foundation because it just wasn't going on properly, but then after I got this brush it was like the clouds parted and heaven shined upon me with a chorus of angels singing sweet melodies. It is pricey, sorry for that, but it is worth it if you can splurge!

3. L'Oreal Magi Lumi Highlighter in Fair- I love this highlighter. It gives me just the right amount of glow to my face without making me look washed out or pale. Just a few clicks and I run a few lines under my eyes and up my nose and then blend in. 

4. Aveda Petal Essence Face Accents in Plum Touch- I hate that they call this a "face accent". I know it's fitting and all, but why can't you just call it blush? Either way, I swear by this blush. I have tried many others and I always come back to Plum Touch. It's such a flattering color for fair skin and it always gives my face a nice pop of color without being ridiculously clownish. 

5. Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Black Out- I got this eyeliner for free with my Ulta rewards. I was kind of hesitant because the words "Gel Eyeliner" make me run for the hills. However this isn't your typical gel eyeliner. It works like a pencil liner, which I prefer, but glides on like gel. It's long lasting (even on the lower waterline) and great, strong color. I have to say, I'm completely converted to this eyeliner. I've tried every brand imaginable, cheap and expensive, and this one definitely is my favorite.

6. Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation in Fair-Light Neutral- I hate liquid foundations, but I hated that mineral foundations don't provide full coverage like liquid foundations do. I also don't like that they do not last as long as liquid foundations. Enter in this stuff....wow. Buildable coverage, to provide me with the full coverage I need on problem spots and long lasting. I can't express how much I love this foundation. However, like I mentioned in number 2, it doesn't work very well without the kubuki brush, although I didn't search too hard to find a cheaper replacement for the brush, so you may be able to find a cheaper brush that works just as well but in my opinion, these two need to go together. 

That's just a few of my favorite things, there are a bunch more products that I use regularly that I haven't mentioned here, but these guys are my front runners.

What products do you love to use?


Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest Image Map