Monday, January 6, 2014

100 Days of Happiness

Over the weekend, I read a Buzzfeed article about the 100 Happy Days challenge and I was inspired to try it out.  I find more often than not, there are days when I struggle with being happy because I'm focusing on the bad things and not seeing the little things that bring me joy. 

100 Happy Days states: We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, is the base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being.


I'm hoping that by focusing on one little thing each day that makes me happy, I can condition myself to be happy not through materialistic things like, "I got a new shirt!" but through things like, "Dave made this pizza tonight and it was really good!" That isn't to say that one or two of the photos I post won't be about a new shirt or hairstyle, but I'm hoping to focus more on the happiness aspect. I want to be more aware of when I am happy in that moment versus when I'm sad and then look back on the fact that I was happy and didn't appreciate it. 

I decided to take up this challenge via my Instagram, so if you'd like to follow my progress, make sure you're following my Instagram profile. And if you are inspired to take up the challenge for yourself, let me know! I would love to experience the #100happydays challenge with others!

Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest Image Map