Friday, January 10, 2014

End of the Week Roundup

It's Friday, which means it's time for another roundup! 

1. This is the first week of my 100 Days of Happiness challenge. I have to say, the number of girls who saw the post and joined in made me so...well...happy! It was about five girls. Now I know what you're thinking...five? That's it?!? But if those five girls inspire five other girls and so on, that is A LOT of people! If you are just seeing it now, you can check out what I've posted so far on my Instagram, and if you decide to join in on the challenge, please let me know!

2. Saturday, Dave and I had dinner with our friends, Bob and Becca, then went to see Catching Fire. It was such a great movie, it stayed mostly true to the book and I was so excited to see how the arena turned out on the screen. After the movie was over, I opted for a great photo op with Becca, cause...well, why not?



3. Teen Book Club met this week and I'm happy to say that after nearly two years, I finally got all the girls out of their shells. This means hilarious discussions that often go off topic but end up in eye rolls (the good kind) and laughter. I always look forward to these meetings, but now that everyone feels comfortable enough to open up, I'm literally counting the days to my next meeting with the girls.



4. Sorry, this week is mostly about reading. Since I've completed my degree, I've immersed myself in  TON of books. I'm currently in the middle of four. I need to stop that. Anyway, I just started The Fault in our Stars, at the request of the teen book club. I really wanted to distance myself from this book. If I know it's going to make me ugly cry, I tend to avoid it. But if it's what the teens want, then I'll make some sacrifices. This particular passage sealed the deal for me. I'm going to ugly cry and enjoy it. 



To put things in context, the two characters in this book gave each other books. The boy read 453 pages in the first 24 hours for this girl. Now that might not be overly romantic to some of you, but for me, that's about a close as you can get to putting a ring on it without the ring. 

5. And finally, the kitty pic of the week goes to Nibbler who has gotten into the habit of laying across my belly when I read, making it look like he's reading with me.





How did your week turn out? Linking up with Lauren, LaurenLulu and Jennie!

Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest Image Map