Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January Beauty Favorites

In November, I posted about a few of my favorite beauty items. I still use everything on that list faithfully, however I also found a couple of new products that I use regularly and I figured I would share with you today:



1. Sonia Kashuk Eye Shadow Quad in Fair and Square

I really like the colors in the Naked 3 pallet, but I'm not sure the pink hues would look nice on my fair skin and didn't want to shell out the $53 bucks to find out whether or not it would, so I decided to pick this up and try out the pinks. The color in the upper left corner was a bit too pink for me, but everything else looks good and satiated my want for Naked 3. 

2. Aveeno Baby Cleansing Therapy Moisturizing Wash

Okay, so I'm not sure if it was weird or not that I use a wash meant for babies, but it definitely leaves my skin really soft and has been helping me beat the super dry skin I normally get.

3. Tarte BB Tinted Primer

I've been avoiding BB creams (or any of those alphabet creams for that matter) for a while because I need something with a bit more coverage than BB creams seem to offer. However when I saw that Tarte was offering this up as a primer too, I decided to give it a shot. This has replaced my normal primer, Neutrogena's Shine Control primer, most days and I love it. 

4. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara

I used to use Clinque's Lash Doubling Mascara, but I had a coupon for L'Oreal and decided to try out this mascara based on all the good reviews I read about it. L'Oreal's version gives me the same results that Clinque's mascara did for half the price.

5. Tarte Maracuja Oil

I talked about my new found love of this oil here. I love what it has done for my face. 

6. L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balm in Heavenly Berry

Another purchase that I "splurged" on because I had a coupon. I was worried the berry might be too dark for me, but since it's a lip balm it gives me the perfect color. I am pretty sure this particular color would be flattering on anyone, but I'm definitely not an expert so....yeah. 

7. philosophy Purity and Refresh Set

I started using each of these products around the same time a few months ago. I definitely noticed my face broke out less after I started using these two. Then I saw that philosophy offers the set for a little less than purchasing the two separately, which is win/win for me!

What products are  part of your daily routine? 

                                          Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest Image Map