Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lesser of Two Evils

I have a confession to make. I was almost about to post a "fluff" piece today. You know, one of those gimmicky posts that you write on the fly when you don't have anything else to write about, or a post that you borrow from another blogger, or posts like Monday's post

Why, you ask?

I've had a major case of the writer's block along with an astounding circumstance of the mysterious missing creativity. 



I have to wonder, what is the lesser of two evils?

I've been blogging for 10 months now, faithfully every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I haven't missed a day yet. People who have been following me consistently are probably aware of this and (God willing) if they enjoy my blog, they probably look forward to reading something from me on these days. I know that I do when it comes to some of my favorite bloggers. 

When these bloggers miss a day where I'm expecting a post from them, I feel disappointed, almost like my day isn't complete. It's almost akin to me walking out of the house without saying goodbye to Nibbler and Squishee (which would NEVER happen, I'm like a tiger mom to those cats, it's bad I know...). You expect it to be there and when it isn't, it bums you out and you feel like something is missing all day.

On the flip side, there are days when my favorite bloggers obviously post fluff pieces. Because, let's be honest here guys, there is no way in the world anyone can post everyday for two to three years without once or twice going "well crap, I have nothing to say". Honestly, the days of the fluff pieces, I'm left feeling a bit unfulfilled with it. That isn't to say that I expect bloggers to "dance for me monkeys!", just that when you expect something and it's not quite at the level that you're used to, it's a bit disappointing.

The point I'm making here is that as a reader of many blogs, I see both sides of the coin and I can't tell what is the better option. Do I post nothing on the days I cannot come up with a post, or do I post a fluff piece and say to myself "better luck next time!"?

What are your thoughts? 

To fluff or not to fluff, that is the question!


                                         Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest Image Map