Thursday, September 26, 2013

Blogtember: Coffee Shop..or a Lack Thereof

Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop. (I recommend downloading Ommwriter and bringing headphones along!) *if you can't make it to a coffee shop, at least leave your usual space and write someplace new.
.................................................................................................
I woke up to this song playing on my alarm this morning and it made me feel so nostalgic for a simpler life. The life I had with Dave before school, before work, before...becoming a big girl? When my main worry was when I was going to hang out with him next. Since it was so early in the morning, I kind of forgot all about it.



So here I am sitting in my spare bedroom looking at my bookcase (because I don't think I have any cool coffee shops near me and even if I did I didn't  have time to get to them this week), listening to music, wondering what I was going to write about and that same song comes on again and I am reminded of that yearning for a life where I didn't have to worry so much.

Don't get me wrong guys. I love my life. Some aspects of it? Not so much, but I wouldn't trade anything that I have. My life with Dave, Nibbler and Squishee is something I would never give up. However, I can't help but sometimes wish my life was still simple. 

Just a simple life where I wake up and my only worry is how soon I can get home to my family. 

So why does this particular song evoke such an emotion from me? Well, when Dave and I started dating this song from the same band was a popular song on the radio and it reminded me of that time where I didn't have so many responsibilities and I realized that with life getting in the way, I've lost the ability to do the one thing that I love the most in this world which is spending time with Dave and the boys. I can't wait for school to be done so I don't feel so trapped by the constraints of life. I'll have more of a choice with my schedule, with my job, with life in general. It would just be nice to have a choice, and right now I feel like I don't. 

And on that note, I'll let Gwen finish out this post. 



Follow: BLOGLOVIN ::  FACEBOOK