Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blogtember: Book Review

 Review a book, place, or product.
.............................................


This was one of those books I wished had never ended. Just like Harry Potter. 

So the gist of the book is that it is the year 2044, and the world is a terrible place. The only solace that most people can take comfort in is a virtual reality that takes place in the OASIS. People can plug in to go to school, earn money, meet people, live the life that they cannot live in the real world. The creator of the OASIS has willed his entire enormous fortune to the one person who can discover hidden easter eggs within OASIS, all of which carries an 80's theme. Protagonist Wade Watts stumbles upon the first hidden clue and chaos ensues as people scramble to be the first to discover all the clues and amass the fortune.

I seriously did not want this book to end. I waged an inner battle every time I picked the book up, willing myself not to read it so I would have something to hold on to, but not being able to control NOT reading it because I had to know what happened next. There are a ton of 80's references in this book, only about 60% of which I got, but it didn't matter because the story and the premise were good enough to stand on their own, the 80's references were just good visual aids. I also loved how this book pulled me into another world. It was a nice little escape. 

Looking for something new and unique to read? You have to check out this book.



Follow: BLOGLOVIN ::  FACEBOOK