Monday, September 16, 2013

Blogtember: Love Letter

Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)
.............................................................................................
 
I'm going a bit off the tracks for this one, but people (sorry, guys) isn't what inspired me for this post. 

Dearest Books,

As far back as I can remember, you have been a staple in my life. There isn't a moment in time where I don't have one of you within a few feet of me. If you aren't in my hands, you are in my purse, in my car, on my bookshelf at home, on my mind. 



Some of the best memories I have are with you. Like the time I took a day off of work and picked up the last Harry Potter book (that I pre-ordered 9 months in advance). I still vividly remember sitting on my couch in my living room reading you cover to cover. I didn't stop once to eat or drink, I just kept reading. When I was done I was incredibly happy but also incredibly sad. I knew I would never have this moment with you again, and it was among one of the best days of my life. 

The emotions that run through me when I read an amazing story are uncanny. 



I can't get through The Giving Tree without choking up. I don't know how I'm going to be able to read it to my children someday, but I will figure out a way how.

 The desolate feeling I get when I'm done a really, really good book and I just feel....alone. The way my fingers itch after a good tale, because I want to be able to pick you up and keep reading a story that has already finished but I just want it to keep going on and on. Ready Player One, I finished you two months ago and my heart still aches for the story to keep going on, my fingers waiting for the familiar feel of your pages in my hands.

You have given me a connection to a great group of teens. There isn't a better "high" than coming home after an in depth conversation with the kids in the book club because they loved your story and connected with it; or didn't and had to share their frustrations with me. 

Always there, sometimes faltering, I know I'll have an escape with you. And that is why my love for you will be undying.