Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Zip Zip

Yesterday I posted about the first part of the ziplining excursion that Dave and I took along with a few friends on Sunday, which was the challenge obstacle course. Today's post is all about the ziplining.

Holy crap is it fun! I'm going to let pictures do the most talking but first a few things. 

One of the platforms had a slight drop to it, so once you stepped off the platform you would drop a few inches before you went anywhere. The guides suggested going off the platform "trust fall" style, which is where you stand with your back to the edge, knees locked, arms straight out and just fall back. Lauren, Dave and Sheena all went off the platform this way, I decided to go off the platform regularly so I could take a video, which is posted below. Annnnnd it may also be because I'm a huge wuss...but we'll stick with the video story.






The guides also taught us how to flip upside down when we zipped, which Lauren models so effortlessly here:


Here are some more pictures:




I took this picture mid-zip, just goofing around


This next video is not great, I'll be the first to admit it. I had to drop the camera a few times to grab hold of the handlebars while zipping, but it still gives you an idea of what it's like. Also the yelling you hear at the end is me begging the instructor to not push me back off the platform....because he thought it was funny to pretend he was going to do that. 



All in all it was an amazing time! I can't wait to do it again!!


Follow: BLOGLOVIN ::  FACEBOOK 




The Hump Day Blog Hop