Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blogtember: Social Media

Discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you
..............................................................

Starting this blog has definitely changed me. As most of you know, in order to blog, you have to have something to write about. If you don't have a niche, you better be interesting. Prior to starting up Nicole Marica, I was a lazy bum. I used to spend my nights watching TV and pinning to Pinterest. Now I spend my nights watching TV and writing blog posts. 

I kid. Somewhat. I may or may not be currently doing that as I type this. 

Blogging has forced me to be more adventurous. I've done things that I haven't attempted to before, like create a summer check list, and even complete most of the things on the list.

It has also helped my writing technique. When I write these posts, I read them at least three more times, proofread, ask myself "is this interesting?", even sometimes running them by Dave. This has also helped with writing papers. Whoo hoo, productivity! 

Blogging has also exposed me to a ton of new bloggers that I love reading on a regular basis and in turn I've established some amazing friendships, like Angie Mae and Hima. I can't tell you how much my confidence has boosted from blogging and forming friendships. Every time a new person leaves a comment, it validates what I do. It means that I connected somehow, and that makes my heart soar. 

There is probably so much more but the story line on Castle tonight is pretty good. Let me ask you, how has blogging or social media changed you?